Spirit Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP site for my wolf comic. A place to unleash your inner wolf. Enjoy, and I hope you have fun.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WiseWolf
Co-admin
Co-admin
WiseWolf

The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] Empty
PostSubject: The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009]   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Everything you need to know about Sophiax and how this forum runs, can be found within this thread.
Please ensure that you read all that is posted here thoroughly, as things will be far easier for you if you do.
Almost all of this was written by Cantrelle.

PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Last edited by WiseWolf on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WiseWolf
Co-admin
Co-admin
WiseWolf

PostSubject: History   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:50 pm

History

Pre-forum

The Wiccan pack originally had it’s start in an abused pup named Warrick. He, along with his brother Esdemon, grew to bring the dream to life. Though their tactics were cruel and merciless for tasks such as war, they showed some kindness, though not very much, within the ranks of their pack. The followers that they did have, followed them loyally, sometimes to their deaths. Rowan’s mother, the daughter of Warrick, was born into the pack, and shown love until her own pups started aging.

Warrick and Esdemon saw how efficient Rowan, Ash, and her cousins were at giving out orders, and feared that the pups would try to take their thrones from them. Though Rowan and Ash were already the grandchildren of Warrick and his mate, he saw no future with a pack run strictly by a female. If Rowan had had a mate at the time, the story may have turned out differently. By this time, Warrick was a still young five years old, his daughter three years, and Rowan one year.

Warrick started talking of killing or banishing the pups to ensure the security of the pack. Rowan overheard this, unbeknownst to Warrick, and grabbed Ash and her cousins and made a hasty retreat while everyone slept. The following morning, Warrick woke to a nasty surprise. In all reality, he had decided against killing or banishing his grandchildren, and was going to let Rowan rule when he grew too old to do so successfully.

When he found his grandchildren gone, he ordered the pack’s spies and assassins to go searching for the pups, and interrogated their parents for answers. He said that if, after three days, the pups were not found, he would kill their parents. And that’s just what he did. Since the pups were hiding beyond the pack lands in a rocky outcropping, they didn’t hear the threat their grandfather made to their parents. After three days, they’d still not returned, and on the fourth day, Warrick killed his beloved children for their failure to bring his grandchildren back.

Since the pups weren’t very far outside of the pack’s borders, they saw their parents killed by the wolves they’d once trusted and called family. Rowan and her companions lived in the rocky outcropping for a year, sneaking out at night so they could find food and water, returning to their hideout at dawn to sleep. Members began to leave, since the happy family that had made Warrick be forgiving was now in shambles, and Warrick was back to his old self again. The pups stayed in their hideaway cave for so long that they got to see the downfall of Old Sophiax due to a lack of loyal members.

Those that were smart enough left when the neighboring packs and sabres unleashed one massive assault against Warrick and his brother, many of which made it to the rocky outcropping and ran into the pups. They had no desire to associate with the pups after they abandoned the pack, and left shortly after they were positive Warrick and Esdemon were dead, and the sabres were no longer searching for survivors, leaving the pups alone again.

After seeing the bloodbath that had cost their grandparents’ lives, Rowan, Ash, and her cousins left the sanctuary of their home, searching for a new land to call home. SilverAura and HiddenFang struck out on their own, and shortly after, Ash left, leaving Rowan on her own.

Recent History

Rowan searched for months on end for a land to call home, finally coming across an uninhabited valley. In her opinion, this was the perfect spot to start her pack, and sent out a call for all those wishing to join to come to the lands. She was later joined by her cousins again, and a male named Keyni, who she soon fell in love with and made her mate.

Last edited by WiseWolf on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WiseWolf
Co-admin
Co-admin
WiseWolf

PostSubject: Rules   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Rules

OOC Rules

xx If you hold a grudge against a player in the pack, don’t bring it into a thread. No one wants to read a thread with a bunch of bickering. We don’t want to see it. Take care of it some other way.

xx You must be active. You must post with your character/s at least once a week. If you are going to be gone, let me know. Otherwise, your character may lose its rank/position within Sophiax.

xx Ranks are not attainable through begging. If you beg for a rank, you will just get on my nerves. Please don't.
You may politely pm me with a rank that you have in mind so I can keep it in my mind for future decisions.

xx There is a post rule. Two paragraphs minimum - five sentences each, with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
If you don't do this, I will be PMing you, to see what the problem is.

xx Please refrain from OOC posting on a RP thread. If you must post OOCly, please stay on topic.

IC Rules

xx You will not be expected to follow the religion, though you must respect the choice of those that do follow the religion. No bashing the religion, or openly stating that it's stupid or wrong. It's your opinion, keep it to yourself.

xx No mating between ranks unless approved of by the Royal Family. This does not mean you cannot love someone of a different rank, just no breeding inter-rankly.

xx Species that are allowed:

All breeds including:

Arctic wolf
Dire wolf
Grey wolf
Red wolf
Maned wolf
Spirit Whisperers
Above wolf mix
Wolf/dog mix
Sabre
Domestic cat breeds

xx Absolutely NO neon colored wolves or sabres. Don’t bring your neon blue sabre here thinking he’ll be accepted. A neon colored animal will be chased out regardless of species.

xx You must respect Earth Mother and Skyfather, Our gods.

xx We do practice magic, and we believe magic is in everything.

xx Must not be sexist. Here, both sexes are seen as equal, and very special.

xx Must be willing to adapt to new terminology.

Acceptance
You must be a breed stated above to have a chance at acceptance. If you are too blindingly bright, you will be chased away, regardless of breed. The High Priestess and Priest don’t have anything against brightly colored wolves, they just doesn’t want their eyes to burn every time they holds a ceremony.

Leaving
You may be sent to ally packs for certain training. If you are, you must be respectful of the other pack’s rules. When your training is complete, you will be welcomed back.
If you leave without warning, don’t come back. We won’t allow deserters back into our ranks.

Alliances
The High Priest and Priestess are welcome to such events, as long as the other pack is willing to accept culture and religion differences.

Challenges
If you challenge the High Priest or Priestess for his or her position, you will be fighting the Guardians and Royal Guard as well.

Ranks
Ranks will be given to those that are active within the pack and can prove their worth.

Fighting
Fighting will not be tolerated within the pack. If you fight, you will be severely punished.

Mating
Though allowed, you must receive approval by the High Priestess.

Illegitimate pups will be raised in the pack by the Neoshamans, and parents will be banned from having visitation. If a Neoshaman catches the parents of an illegitimate pup, the parent/s will be banished from the pack.

If you receive permission, you may have up to one litter each year. You will be allowed to raise your pups until they reach nine months of age. They will then be taken in by the Neoshamans and Mentors.

~~Mating is allowed from March to July~~

Ceremonits/Rituals
Ceremonies will be hosted regularly. If you do not at least attend, you will be punished. If you are still adjusting to the new culture differences, you will be permitted to stay until the High Priest/Priestess makes their round to each member of the pack.

Magic
I will allow minor usage of the item as long as it is only done to help someone else, not harm, and follows the forum rules.

~~PM me if you think there is anything else that should be discussed~~
Back to top Go down
WiseWolf
Co-admin
Co-admin
WiseWolf

PostSubject: Alliances   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Alliances

Back to top Go down
WiseWolf
Co-admin
Co-admin
WiseWolf

PostSubject: Border Status [OPEN]   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Border Status

The borders are currently: OPEN
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: About Wicca   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 pm

About Wicca

What we are all about

The Divine is present in nature, and so nature should be honored and respected. Everything from animals and plants to trees and rocks are elements of the sacred.

The idea of karma and an afterlife is a valid one. What we do in this lifetime will be revisited upon us in the next. Part of this idea of a cosmic payback system is echoed in the Law of Threefold Return.

Our ancestors should be spoken of with honor. Because it's not considered out of the ordinary to commune with the spirit world, and your ancestors are watching over you at all times.

The Divine has polarity -- both male and female. Both a god and goddess are honored.

The Divine is present in all of us. We are all sacred beings, and interaction with the gods is not limited just to the priesthood or a select group of individuals.

Holidays are based on the turning of the earth and the cycle of the seasons. In Wicca, eight major Sabbats are celebrated, as well as monthly Esbats.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Personal responsibility is the key. Whether magical or mundane, one must be willing to accept the consequences -- either good or bad -- of their behavior.

Harm none, or something like it. While there are a few different interpretations of what actually constitutes harm, most Wiccans follow the concept that no harm should intentionally be done to another individual.

Respect the beliefs of others. There's no Recruiting Club in Wicca, and the Wiccans are not out to preach at you, convert you, or proselytize. Wiccan groups recognize that each individual must find their spiritual path on their own, without coercion. While a Wiccan may honor different gods than you do, they will always respect your right to believe differently.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritwhispers.rpg-board.net
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: Gods and Goddesses of Sophiax   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Gods and Goddesses of Sophiax

Our Gods

Solren
Sun god

Avialla
Moon Goddess

Euvora
Water Goddess

Arvint
God of fire.

Calira
Earthmother

Tieven
Skyfather

Angelique
Goddess of love

Ewo
God of death

Kikita
Goddess of life

Noctul
God of knowledge and wisdom

Leaheya
Goddess of myth

Stark
God of war

Vilahia
Goddess of protection

Betrah
Goddess of deception and thievery

Falria
Goddess of fate

Daelwen
God of healing

Hetwa
Goddess of commitment and fertility

Maray
Goddess of the hunt

Olren
God of birth and reincarnation

Yvet
Goddess of music, creativity, and inspiration

Ghelya
Goddess of time

Potahr
God of the underworld

Last edited by Cantrelle on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: FAQ   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:30 pm

FAQ

~~Questions here~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009]   The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sophiax Handbook [Updated August 10th, 2009]
Page 1 of 1