Spirit Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP site for my wolf comic. A place to unleash your inner wolf. Enjoy, and I hope you have fun.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reincarnates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

Reincarnates Empty
PostSubject: Reincarnates   Reincarnates I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 pm

About Reincarnates

What is a reincarnate?

A reincarnate is any wolf with a particular marking distinguishing it from the rest. Reincarnates, though rare, are easily distinguished from other normal animals of the wiccan religion.

In most cases, a reincarnate is colored similarly to what its God or Goddess represents. For example, a reincarnate for Tieven, the skyfather, would have colors of whites, grays, and yellows, while a reincarnate of the water goddess, Euvora, would have blacks, dark grays, and blues.

Though 99 percent of the time, a reincarnate will be of the same gender it represents, there is a one percent chance that the wolf will be of the opposite sex.

In reincarnate litters (two reincarnates having pups together), the fur color of the parents has no determining factor of any reincarnate pups born in the litter. The fur pattern is influenced by the God or Goddess the pup represents. Normal pups inherit colors from both parents.

As in the case of a reincarnate pup being present in a normal litter (either two non reincarnate wolves or a reincarnate-non reincarnate litter), fur color of the parents has some determining factor as to the fur pattern of the pups.

Why do we call them this?

In the wiccan religion, we believe in a little thing called reincarnation. “What is reincarnation?” you may ask.

Reincarnation is the belief that even after death, your soul lives on. In other religions, the soul may rest in some other place, but in the wiccan and pagan religions, souls go to Summerland to learn until they come back to earth in another body. Reincarnation is the soul’s way of learning all it can in each lifetime, and every lesson it learns from previous lives is carried on with it into the next.

Though they are called reincarnates, it is not a common belief that the soul of a God or Goddess goes through this process regularly. Nevertheless, the bearer of the marking has the same recycled soul that a God or Goddess once held, and they must be respected because of this.

How are they any different than anyone else?

Though they can ‘speak’ with the God or Goddess they represent, in all reality, they aren’t that much different.

Yes, they are special. Yes, they get special treatment because of what they represent. No, they are not going to be given privileges that others don’t have.

They are expected to follow the pack rules just as much as anyone else is, and are expected to help keep the pack up and running. Any other rank they achieve besides the rank of reincarnate, will be earned through hard work and loyalty. They, like everyone else, will be expected to work their butts off to prove their worth.

It’s not a requirement that we take in every reincarnate that comes knocking at our door.

How do we know they’re a true reincarnate?

Plain and simple, they have a marking not found in normal pups. We’ve looked. And most pups born as a reincarnate have wisdom beyond their age.

Last edited by Cantrelle on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://spiritwhispers.rpg-board.net
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

Reincarnates Empty
PostSubject: Application Rules   Reincarnates I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Applications Rules

How do I get one?

1) I must be accepting applications. *
2) If a reincarnate has a litter with a reincarnate pup, you are allowed to tryout for the pup. **
3) If an approved reincarnate design or character is up for adoption, feel free to tryout for said design or character. ***
4) If I’m not accepting applications, and there are no reincarnate litters out there, you’re just out of luck. ****

* I reserve the right to refuse anyone a reincarnate character. This doesn’t mean I will refuse you if you send in an application, but if I’m not impressed with how you roleplay, or you have too many characters for my liking, you won’t get to make a reincarnate.

* You can’t just make a wolf with the marking and expect to get the same treatment as the other true reincarnates. The wolf has to be run by me first, no exceptions.

** If a reincarnate pup is being put up for adoption, and like its parents, is a reincarnate, the character has already been approved by me. Now, your only job is to impress the players of the parents to get the pup.

*** I reserve the right to put up reincarnate designs from time to time if I feel that would boost the packs activity. As much as I would like to keep the number of reincarnates to a minimum, this may be necessary to bring interest and active players to the pack.

*** Also, I reserve the right to put your reincarnate character up for adoption if it stays inactive for three months. I didn’t let you make this character so it could go inactive, and I’m going to make sure it stays active for as long as possible.

**** I’m not going to make any exceptions to the rules above just because you really want to play a reincarnate character. I’ve picked the people I’ve picked because they had an acceptable number of characters, were readily available for roleplays, and had acceptable roleplay posts.

What’s the application process?

1) Send in this application, completely filled out. If you send in an incomplete application, it will be voided and you will not get a reincarnate character.

Main account: (Self explanatory. What is your main account?)
Persona?: (Will you be making a persona for the character if you get it? Should be answered with a simple, yes or no)
Characters and profile links: (I want ALL of your characters’ names and profile links)
Activity: (How often will you be available for roleplay?)
Recent Rps: (I want at least four links to recent roleplays with your NORMAL post length. If you give me a roleplay post with 20 paragraphs, when you usually only post 2, I’m going to be very upset)

2) Wait for my approval. Don’t pester me saying that you sent in your request a week ago. I’m very busy on and off Spirit Whispers. Pestering will only make me angry, and it could very well get your application denied.

3) If you get approved, congratulations. You may now start on the character’s design. Of course this must be run by me first. The design, however, must be based on the God or Goddess your character represents. This must be clearly stated when you send in the design.

4) If I approve of the design, you can choose the color of the marking and I will add it to the design for you. If not, then go back and look at what your God or Goddess represents. Once I’ve approved of the design, you may work on the personality.

5) Send me the completed personality, and the basics of the characters profile for acceptance. If they are approved, you are free to post the profile, and begin acceptance into Sophiax.

Last edited by Cantrelle on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

Reincarnates Empty
PostSubject: FAQ   Reincarnates I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:11 pm

FAQ

Are you taking applications?

Applications are currently: OPEN

How many are you taking?

I’m taking how ever many applications come my way, though I will only accept one more application, so you‘d better find some way to seriously impress me.

Why is the process so long and grueling?

I want reincarnate characters to go to good, active roleplayers. I don’t want to approve of a character only for it to become inactive.

Also, reincarnates are rare. Usually, no more than four are ever in existence at one period of time. This means that I’m going to be choosy about who gets to play one.

That doesn’t mean I’m going to be biased about past interactions with you. It just means I’m looking for experienced roleplayers who know what they’re doing.
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

Reincarnates Empty
PostSubject: Current Reincarnates   Reincarnates I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Current Reincarnates

If you come here from the BBA, you will be allowed to play your reincarnate here if you so wish to do so. The current Reincarnates of Sophiax are:

Thu
Chevalier (possible name change)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reincarnates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnates   Reincarnates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reincarnates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit Whispers :: Roleplay :: Sophiax :: Announcements-