Spirit Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP site for my wolf comic. A place to unleash your inner wolf. Enjoy, and I hope you have fun.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Directory: Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

Character Directory: Information Empty
PostSubject: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:04 am

*~*Table of Contents*~*

• Character Listing
    • Complete list

• Profiles
    • Do's and Dont's
    • FAQ

• Guidelines
    • How to Use
    • Old Profiles

• Resources
    • Important Links
    • Organizer duties

Last edited by Cantrelle on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://spiritwhispers.rpg-board.net
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: Re: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 am

*~*Complete list*~*

ABC...

Index A : Index B : Index C : Index D

Index E : Index F : Index G : Index H

Index I : Index J : Index K : Index L

Index M : Index N : Index O : Index P

Index Q : Index R : Index S : Index T

Index U : Index V : Index W : Index X

Index Y : Index Z

Easy as 123!
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: Re: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 am

*~*Do's and Don'ts*~*

There are certain things you can and can't do in your profiles. I've taken the liberty to write the rules out below so you all know what the mods expect. If you do these things, your profile should be accepted without any problems.

Do

Post your character's breed in the title
Personally, I think this could come in useful so the mods know exactly what specifics to look for when they're editing the profile. If they go into the profile knowing what the character's breed is, chances are, they won't make mistakes and will check the profile right the first time.
The other reason for this rule is that you need at least 10 characters in the title to post a new topic. I have no control over this, so the breed is a pretty good way of making sure you have that minimum 10 characters.

Check to see if the character name is taken
This should be self explanatory. Since most of the characters won't have last names, chances are everyone will get very confused if there's more than one character with the same name running around. Alas, this doesn't mean you can't already use a name that's been taken, you just need permission from the person that plays the character with that name.

Feel free to use precious gems, but within reason
Yes, we will have humans on this forum. Eventually. No, they, for the most part, don't have the technology to cut stones. We aren't talking stone age, but we aren't modern age either. Raw, small gems are acceptable. Faceted gems are not.

Have correct height, weight, and other information
Put simply, your character profile can't be accepted until all this information is correct. It would be easier to do it right the first time.

Make sure the breed actually exists
I don't want any made up breeds running around. The breed of your character must exist, either in real life, or in my comic. No exceptions.

Keep your bloodlines in multiples of two
Basic math and arithmetic states that a character's bloodline can't be 1/3 or 2/3 or any odd fraction. Stick to even, simple bloodlines like 1/2, 1/4, or 3/4.

Get permission to be born into an existing pack
If your character isn't born ICly into a pack, you're not allowed to put that in the history. You must PM an alpha and get permission to put that in a history, and then you should state that in your profile so we don't accuse you of not having permission.

Only post COMPLETED character profiles
WIP profiles clutter the character directory because the mods can't do anything with them until they're finished. Please, just finish the profile before you post it. You'll make it easier on yourself, and on us. We won't have to correct you a million times before your profile's completed.

Use the edit button
Please don't post a million copies of the same profile. Just use the edit button to correct things. If you make a major change, PM one of the mods so they can check the profile.

Fix your profile when a mod tells you to
For one, the mod is trying to help you get your character's information correct so they can accept the profile.
Two, we have a system. The first time a mod tells you to fix something, it's a friendly warning. It will do unchecked for two weeks, and if a mod checks it a second time, and it's not fixed, the profile will be deleted.

Only use the breeds I have specified in the resources board
Please, if you want a breed accepted, run it by me first. I will look over the breed and decide whether it should be allowed. For the meantime, please stick with the breeds I have listed. It will make my job easier, and your world more enjoyable; we won't have to ban you.

Get permission to be related to a character
This mainly goes for the comic characters, but it is mandatory that unless someone puts the character up for adoption and you win it, that you get permission for your character to be related to another. We don't want confusion like: My character was never related to yours.

Check to see if a hybrid is allowed
Certain crosses are not possible or not allowed. Please, either check with a mod, or look in the resources board to make sure your cross is accepted.

Don't

Make up magic/supernatural powers
I have some that exist. Don't make up magical powers for the heck of it. I have a list. Don't abuse it, or magic will be banned.

Suddenly join a pack/gain a rank
You can't be a part of a pack unless you've RPed acceptance. Don't say you're the High Priestess of Sophiax if that isn't true. The exception to this is auto-accepted and auto-ranked designs.

Use clothes that wouldn't be in the time period
For humans, please use Native American clothes, meaning animal skins, moccasins, etc. They don't have skinny jeans or cargo pants; don't put them on your character.

Wait to have your profile moved before RPing
Please, once you've posted your character profile, have at the RPs. Just don't go heavy into descriptions until your character is accepted.

Use gold or silver
Seriously. NO gold or silver under ANY circumstances. The people wouldn't be able to make jewelery out of the stuff. Don't use it for your character.

Bump your thread
Please, just don't. For one, it's annoying. Two, there are much better ways of drawing attention to your profile.

Post multiple characters in one thread
For the sake of organization, we need to be able to link EACH profile to the indexes. This is not possible if there are more than one character per thread. Please, don't do it.

Roleplay a character without posting a profile
We want to keep track of the characters that are being roleplayed on Spirit Whispers. Please, just take the time to post a profile.

Give your character colored pupils
Colored pupils would restrict eye sight a lot. The pupil is just a hole in the eye. Unless you want your character to be blind, aka: cataracts, don't give it colored pupils.

Make huge changes to an already moved profile
The purpose of us checking profiles is to make sure they're correct. If you make a huge change, we may not catch something that needs correcting, which would be very bad. If you do make a change, alert a mod so they can check to make sure everything is correct.
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: Re: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 pm

*~*How to Use*~*

Don't post in any of the sub-boards. You must post your profile in the main board for it to be evaluated by mods and organizers. Once it is accepted, it will then be moved to the proper sub-board.

Each character must have it's own separate thread. If two or more characters are in the same thread, the thread will be deleted on the spot, whether you had the information saved or not.

Your profile must have the basic information before it can be accepted:

Breed in the title - this is to make the Organizer's job easier. They'll know what to expect when they look at your profile.

Name
Height and weight
Personality
History (only if there are accessories)

Remember, even if everything is perfect, we can't move the profile until ALL of the basic information is in the profile.

You don't need to wait for a character to be approved to roleplay them. By all means, once that profile is posted, start roleplaying.

*~*Old profiles*~*

If you are no longer going to play a character, or the player of a character hasn't been on the forum in six months or more, please, let the moderators and organizers know. The purpose of this is because it'll save space on the forum, and it'll open up name possibilities for other players. Mods and organizers don't always have the time to go through the character directory to make sure characters are being played. We need to rely on the members to tell us these things.

So, if you're no longer playing a character, PLEASE, SEND IT TO A MOD SO WE CAN DELETE THE PROFILE.

Thanks

~ Staff
Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: Re: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Cantrelle
Admin
Admin
Cantrelle

PostSubject: Re: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:07 pm

*~*Organizer duties*~*

Though organizers are not moderators to any other section of the forum besides the Character Directory, they are to be treated with respect, as the mods and admin see them fit to handle corrections. If they tell you that you need to change something in your profile, you are expected to change it, just like you would do if a mod or admin told you to do so.

Duties -

• Making sure the profile has the minimum information
  • Making sure all the information is correct
  • Making sure a history is present if their are accessories, and said history explains how the character got the accessories
  • Checking that the name is not already taken, or if it is that the member has obtained permission to use said name
  • Making sure special characters have been run by the mods before acceptance
  • Making sure the character abides by all rules before acceptance (height, weight, accessories, magic, etc)
  • Moving a character profile to the proper sub-board once it has been acceptance

Note - if you make any major changes to a profile, please let an Organizer know so they can check it over.

Needs corrections -

• If you notice a mistake in the profile, point it out and then move it to the Needs Corrections board
  • If the member doesn't fix it within one week, pm them with a quote with the link to the profile and exactly what needs to be fixed.
  • The member has two weeks to fix the error before it will be moved to the archive, whether they saved the information or not
  • If they come to you, asking for the profile, retrieve it for them on the condition that they fix all errors immediately, BEFORE RE-POSTING

Note - if you aren't sure of something, ask a mod or organizer; they're more than willing to help (it's why we chose them)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Directory: Information   Character Directory: Information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Directory: Information
Page 1 of 1